A brand new trailer has arrived for the live-action adaptation of ‘Utsubora – A Story of a Novelist Series’ which has shown fans a bigger glimpse into who will be making up the cast ahead of it’s premier on WOWOW on March 24th.
The cast includes:
- Kisetsu Fujiwara as Makoto Tsujima, Jun’s editor
- Atsuko Maeda as twin sisters Sakura, and Aki
- Yukiya Kitamura as Jun Mizorogi, a novelist manipulated by both Aki and Sakura
- Akiko Hinagata as Megumi Nonomiya, a novelist that is watching Makoto closely due to an obsession with Jun’s supposed plagiarism
- Hajime Okayama as Takashi Mochizuki, a detective investigating Aki’s death
- Yuna Taira as Koyomi, Jun’s niece
- Ikkei Watanabe as Satoru Yatabe, Jun’s novelist friend
- Kōhei Takeda as Yoshitsugu Kaiba, Takashi’s subordinate
According to the Vertical, the film is about: “Young author Aki Fujino appeared poised to making it big in the world of publishing. Her debut title Utsobora was being pitched about to a number of editors and at least one person felt it was set to propel her into stardom. However, before she could ever have her book published, the young woman was found dead. Some believe it was a suicide, but those close to her feel there is something more sinister involved in this young talent’s death.
Aki’s death has become something straight out of a mystery. Much like the story behind Utsubora, there is something more to Aki, Sakura, and their relationship with an author named Misoro than meets the eye. And it is possible that the only way to solve this mystery may be to uncover all their secrets.”